Top Ten Reasons I Love Reading


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Reasons I Love Reading.

1. It transports me all over the world, to old and new times, countries and places, whether they're real or not.

2. It has taught me so many words I never would have dreamt of understanding, and just generally made me more intelligent.

3. It helps me to understand that I am not alone and that other people (even if they are fictional characters) have gone through times where they have felt how I do, and if they have gotten through it, then so can I.

4. It makes me so undoubtedly happy.

5. It is such a good distraction, and I get sucked in so easily. They provide an escape for me when I don't want to deal with things in the real world.

6. It helps me to be able to focus on one thing for an extended period of time.

7. I love being able to understand other people's views, ones that I wouldn't even think of having.

8. For pure entertainment, and just experiencing good stories, much like my love for films and TV shows.

9. It's relaxing and makes me feel less stressed, because I'm so invested in the story rather than my own life and problems.

10. It has let me experience things and be people that I could have only dreamed of.

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten Reasons I Love Reading.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3