Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have.

1. Constantly re-organising my bookshelf. I just did this again a couple of days ago and I already have the urge to do it all over again. It is such a big problem and it means that I basically never know where my books are on my shelf.

2. Never knowing what to read. I have a LOT of books. That's probably an understatement but I don't want to go into details. All you need to know is that this makes it incredibly hard for me to decide what I want to read next.

3. The painful wait for the next book in a series. This doesn't happen too often to me, but when it does it is unbearable. I get so invested in the storyline and the characters that I physically can't wait the long lengths between books.

4. The fact that hardbacks are so expensive. If money wasn't an issue my whole house would be filled with glorious hardbacks, but sadly that is very unrealistic. In the UK we barely get any hardbacks as it is, and when we do they are outrageously more expensive than the paperback version.

5. Not enough room for all my books. I don't have that much space for all my books. I can only fit one full-length bookcase in my room, but most of the books on there are double-stacked. I hate this because it means I can't see all of my pretty spines.

6. The pain when I realise a book is a standalone. I don't like to do a lot of research into a book before I start it, because I think it spoils the surprise. However due to this, it has caused there to be some times where I assume a book is a part of a series, because most are nowadays, when in reality it's a standalone, and that is it.

7. COVER CHANGES. I'm getting angry just typing this post thinking about some horrible cover changes I've seen. It actually puts me off buying a series, or the remainder of a series.

8. Always breaking my book-buying bans. I do try (emphasis on try) and be good about the amount of money I spend on books, and give myself book-buying bans throughout the year, but they never stick for long.

9. The failed attempts at trying to take the stickiest stickers off of books. *Basically ALL of my Vampire Knight volumes!* Stickers are so deceiving because they never look hard, but some can be absolute horrors.

10. When I take too long to read a book. At the moment this is me talking about my struggle to read the His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman. If you're friends with me on Goodreads then you will know I have not made any progress with it for at least a year. Sometimes I just can't muster up the strength to read certain books, but I do anyway because I hate not finishing books.

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3