Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014.


1. Leila Sales

I only recently read This Song Will Save Your Life but I really enjoyed it, so much so that I almost gave it 5 stars. I just connected with Leila as a person and a writer, and especially her music taste. You can read my review for This Song Will Save Your Life here.


2. Morgan Matson

Since You've Been Gone was the perfect summer read for me and a big part of that was because Morgan just set the scene of an eventful summer so well. I feel like Morgan and I are such similar people in the things that we enjoy, which is part of why I think she's so cool! You can read my review for Since You've Been Gone here.

3. Alyxandra Harvey

I didn't really expect to love Alyxandra's books that much, but I'm really glad that I do! I bought A Breath of Frost for cheap on kindle as I was given an egalley of its sequel. Little did I know that I would fall in love with the world and its characters, all thanks to Alyxandra Harvey. You can read my reviews for A Breath of Frost and Whisper the Dead here and here.

4. John Green

I know, I know, I've only just read my first John Green book this year. Although it was very long overdue, I finally got round to reading The Fault In Our Stars and it did not disappoint. John's writing is very easy to read, and I whizzed through this book in one weekend. You can read my review for The Fault In Our Stars here.

5. Jane Austen

I'm actually so ashamed that I only read my first Jane Austen novel this year. It was quite hard to get into, but once I did I fell in love. I now finally understand why Jane Austen is so loved by nearly everyone.

6. Nina LaCour

I read her book The Disenchantments at the start of the year and really enjoyed it, but forgot to write a review and now I can't remember my detailed opinion on it. I remember really enjoying the whole road-trip premise and the main characters.

7. Adi Alsaid

Let's Get Lost was undoubtedly one of my favourite books of 2014. It tells the story of great friendships and Adi manages to create this wonderful story. You can read my review for Let's Get Lost here.

8. James Dashner

I finally read The Maze Runner this year before the film came out, and I actually really liked it. I particularly enjoyed reading about Thomas, and I felt as though we were very similar, and I have James to thank for that. You can read my review for The Maze Runner here.

9. Veronica Roth

I managed to read both Divergent and Insurgent this year, and I enjoyed both a lot. I am a bit late to the game with Veronica Roth, but this year I finally get why everyone loves her and her books. You can read my reviews for Divergent and Insurgent here and here.

10. Alex Flinn

I absolutely love reading fairytale retellings, so this year I gave Beastly a go and I ended up enjoying it immensely. I had watched the film adaptation a couple of years prior, so it was interesting comparing the two. A lot of Alex's other books intrigue me, so I'll probably pick some of them up in 2015. You can read my review for Beastly here.

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3