Top Ten Books I Read In 2014


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books I Read In 2014.



This book really stayed with me for a long time after I read it, and it also helped me get out of a massive reading slump, so I am VERY grateful for this book. I loved the characters and the writing and while it was sad at times, it was also very enlightening. (You can read my review here.)


This book is undoubtedly the most-hyped YA book for a long time, and I do think it deserved it. It showed a different side to sick-kids and I think it really set the bar high for similar novels. (You can read my review here.)


I was a bit late to the game with this one, but luckily just in time to read it before the film came out! Although I had read Dystopian novels before, Divergent re-introduced me to it and now I just can't wait to read some more Dystopian. (You can read my review here.)



I really liked this book and the interesting concept of two lives. Sabine in both worlds was really relatable and I feel as though because of the two lives, and the slightly different personalities helps to cater towards two types of people. (You can read my review here.)


I don't read a lot of classics, but I do like to pick one up every once in awhile. This one was a slow start for me, but I became engrossed after about 100 pages and I stormed through it.


This book was a great summer read for me; it made me crave a roadtrip, where I put myself out there and meet new people. (You can read my review here.)


Again, this book was a great summer read for me. There is something about Morgan Matson's writing that just connects with me, and she writes her characters so well that I feel like I could be friends with them. (You can read my review here.)


I really shocked myself when I realised that I loved Whisper the Dead, the sequel to A Breath of Frost, more than the first in its series! Normally I find that the sequels are never quite as good as the original, but this book happens to be the exception. (You can read my review here.)


This book has stuck with me ever since I read it back in November and I can't wait for her new book, Tonight the Streets Are Ours. (You can read my review here.)


I only finished reading this book about a week ago, but it introduced me to about 10 amazing authors that I need to go and buy all their books, so I think it deserved a spot on this list. (You can read my review here.)

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten Books I Read In 2014.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3