Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels


Hi everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week's topic is Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels.


1. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

A post about character-driven novels would not be complete without The Fault In Our Stars. Hazel and Gus are some of the strongest characters I have ever read about.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Katniss is arguably the most powerful and influential YA heroine to have ever graced us. Now whether you agree with that or not, you have to admit she is pretty amazing. I wrote a Before I Blogged I Read on this, which is here if you'd like to read that.

3. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

This was such an influential book for me and part of that is because of the extraordinary characters.

4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Clary is so driven in this book, as well as all the others. I admire her in this, how she is determined to work everything out.

5. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling

Every one of the characters in this book and the series are driven in their own ways and I cannot express enough how much this book means to me.

6. The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne

If what Bruno did in The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas is not the definition of a driven character, then I don't know what is.

7. Between the Lives by Jessica Shirvington

I have a review on this, so if you'd like to read it, it's right here. Sabine was an extremely strong character. I mean, she had to be, what with living two lives.

8. Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Although I didn't like this book, I do appreciate the fact that Pi was a good character, and did a good job, considering he was basically the only character.

9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

All the characters in this book were strong, but I have to say Charlie, in particular, dealt with so much and still came out at the other side.

10. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

Puck and Sean are both quite stubborn in this book, if I remember rightly. However they are obviously both very driven and strong to compete in The Scorpio Races.

So there we go! I hope you've enjoyed reading about my Top Ten Books For Readers Who Like Character Driven Novels.

Izzy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hate at First Sight by Lizzie O'Hagan | Book Review

Severed Heads, Broken Hearts by Robyn Schneider: Book review

January 2024 Mini Reviews - part 3